Today's post *shrugs*

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Today's post *shrugs*

Post  Pebbles on Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:53 am

Dean: *wraps his jacket around his sister, watching as she changes the subject to something completely different* Umm no, Carmen's actually back home and she's good, really is so dont worry about it. So Priestly's right huh? Guess you two really do know each other that well

Me: *spins the cup in place, watching it go then quite suddenly turns it upside down* do you know some people can read the future in the remains of the coffee you drink?

Dean: Like the grim in Harry Potter? *is unsure what she means*

Me: Yeah *smirks in sarcasm* like in Harry Potter *taps the glass some* Tracey is a witch and she doesnt believe in it though.

Dean: I'm not sure what youre saying..?

Me: *nods a little but doesnt really look up from the cup* just saying people choose what it is that they want to believe in. Even in the old lore, Aladdin and the Genie, the muslim Djinn, witches, wishing wells, even blowing candles on the birthday cake and making a wish.. whether they were true or not, its just about faith, that blind belief we all possess. We all want to believe whatever we do is the true deal. We all want to think that somehow we can make it and make something good of ourselves, you know?
We work hard, we convince ourselves we do good. If its hunting demons, fixing cars.. we want to believe that what we do is what helps others, what helps ourselves.. but the truth is that its all a bunch of bs, with capital B.
Pebbles

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pebbles on Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:02 am

Dean: *watches her unsure what she means* youre kinda scarying me here, youre having suicidal thoughts again?

Me: *shakes her head no* I'm just saying we want to think that we can fulfill every wish and every dream. We're ready to go to the end of the world and back to complete that task. You know *looks at him for a moment then redirects her look back to the cup* that even in the old stories and the greek mythology there are tales of how people went to the end of the world to look for luck, wealth, love, even bring back a loved one from the dead. One day a person sat down and created this character, and made the impossbile happen. Following day he created another, different story. Over the centuries tons of stories of how heros saved the world, walked into hell and back, raised people from the dead. Accomplished the impossible. And what do we learn from all that crap they feed us?

Dean: *tries a little smile* That life's a bowl of cherries? if not all, then at least some times?

Me: *shakes her head no, sighing quietly* They teach us that we need not set any borders, they let us daydream endlessly, they sell us the impossible. They never stop and say that maybe, just maybe you should watch out cause you cant do this or that.

Dean: Really? But there are tons of stories where people fail and never achieve their goals

Me: Yeah *nods* and in all those stories they are the vilans
Pebbles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pebbles on Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:15 am

Dean: Am I missing something here? Where is this all heading?

Me: Think you can talk to Denny for me? *looks at her brother in all seriousness leaving him with no doubt that she's not in the mood to joke around therefore is very serious with what she asks of him* have him stay with Priestly, at least until visiting hours are over?

Dean: what? Where are you going?

Me: *shrugs* dunno really, just cant live in this fake world anymore. Just need some truth for a change *puts her hands into his leather jacket* I'll give you your jacket back later ok? *starts out towards the exit*

Dean: *watches her preplexed as she leaves, unsure what to say*
Pebbles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top